Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Experience With Booktango



The ad caught my eye, so did the generous royalty structure, so I decided to give it a whirl for my book, Wakeland’s War (renamed: Red, The First). 

The initial setup process at Booktango was easy to follow--far simpler than Smashwords. I would put it on par with the ease of setting up a book on Amazon. The focus of this article, however, will be on my experience with booktango after I created my cover, uploaded by manuscript, and input all the necessary information. I kept a journal on my short journey with them. Keep in mind these are merely the fallible observations and opinions of the author.

Here are some of my journal entries:

September 10th (Monday Night)
I push the publish button. Now I wait.

September 12th 
It says the status is TITLE LIVE, but it is not showing up anywhere, not even on booktango's bookstore. I talk to booktango's customer service, they say "Live" means "Complete", not . . . er, uh, "Live". They say it will be another 24 before it shows up in their store and another 2-4 weeks before it makes its way to their distributors. Okay, I can live with that.

Same day - site is down at ~3:00 pm. Two hours later it is still down. I don't know how long it was down because after a few hours I stop checking. ?????

September 13th
My book is up at booktango’s bookstore, but nowhere else. That is fine. I know these things take time.

September 14th
I notice my bio is missing a word (my fault). While I'm at it, I will change a word in my book’s description. I am in the “Details” section, trying to make the corrections, but when I try to save them, I keep getting the message:

“Something went wrong while you were trying to save. 
Please, try again, and thank you for your patience. 
For additional assistance, our reps are standing by on Live Chat.

I press the Live Chat button (awesome feature). Customer Service is prompt as usual. I inquire about the message. Customer service explains that too many people are using the system at the same time. This is on a Friday morning, 9:50 a.m. EST. I ask why there is so much traffic at this time. She says people are logging into booktango all around the world. They have recently had a large influx of new users due to their promotion. I check out said promotion . . .the Windmill Promotion . . .looks like a sweet deal. The winner gets all kinds of expensive services, from book covers to an author video, plus advertisements, all for FREE. I’d love to win, but I’m not holding my breath. It is sure to make someone a very happy author.

Anyway, an hour passes, but I still can't save any of my changes. Getting frustrated. The system eventually times me out, and my edits are lost. Now I'm irked off.

September 15th (Saturday afternoon)
I keep getting that same stink'n message message. I can't save any changes to the details, the cover, or the manuscript. Can you say frustrated?

September 17th (Monday)
I try again. I am able to input changes to my cover, interior files, book details and submit the changes. The book will be inaccessible for several days as it goes through the submission process. That’s expected though--right? So no big deal.

September 19th
I am able to access the book again, but the changes haven't gone through. What? The old cover is still there today, mocking me. Bwah ha ha, it seems to say.

September 21th (Friday)
I realize that I am missing information on my copyright page. I dread “going in” again, but I have no choice. This time I decide to try out their online edit feature. One of the cool features booktango brags about is the fact that you can make changes directly to your manuscript without having to download it again. On the surface that sounds wonderful, but in hindsight it’s nothing special. First, most authors aren't going to leave a mistake in their manuscript if they can help it, so they're going to edit the manuscript anyway. I go ahead and make the fixes in my Word Document. I also try out booktango's online edit feature, just because I want to test out this intriguing new feature. I go to my dashboard, where the entire manuscript is on display and available for editing. I made the change, try to save it and . . . guess what happens. I get that stupid message again!


“Something went wrong while you were trying to save. 
Please, try again, and thank you for your patience. 
For additional assistance, our reps are standing by on Live Chat.


Whahhh, this was the same issue I had last weekend! My changes cannot be saved and are eventually lost. Apparently, If I have anything that needs uploaded, I better not plan to do it on a weekend. Later, something else that comes to light, furthering my frustration. I need to vent--where's that darn chat feature? One of  their representatives informs me that every time I make a change it’s like starting over. This means from the date of the change, it will be another 4-6 weeks until my book goes out to distributors. All this time I thought the system would look at my original publish date of September 10th, but if I have been told correctly, that’s not the case. Knowing me, I’ll find something else that’s begging to be changed inside my book.

In hindsight, I suppose the best thing to do would have been to hold off making any changes until it gets to the other distributors. Every time I make a change, I move my book to the back of the line, and the re-submission process stars over again, which means another 4-6 weeks until it goes live with distributors. Hanging in my mind is this . . . once it's available on iTunes (or Kobo, Sony, etc.) how long will it take for an edit to go through?

September 25th
I am removing my book from booktango.

To do this, they tell me that I must complete their special form to initiate the process. First, I must request their special form in writing. I send my official request by email. They send me their form as an email attachment. I have to sign it in blue ink. I can snail mail it back to them or scan it and sent it back to them as an email attachment. It's not like they're asking me to climb Mount Everest, but it's a hassle.

My book hasn’t found its way to any of their distributors yet, so hopefully taking it down will be a simple process. I emailed them the cancellation form yesterday afternoon. Since they were fast about sending me the form in the first place, I hope this is a sign that they will be timely about taking my book down from their website.

(Edit: they were not, which created some hassles with Kobo).

Overall, Thoughts On Booktango

I focused on the negative here, but honestly, there’s much that is good with booktango. Their royalty structure is hard to beat. Uploading the manuscript is a relatively painless process. Their selection of book covers is abysmal, but most authors use their own artwork anyway. If you have a picture you want to use, you can add your title and name to it through their program. It's easy and fun, but I uploaded my own cover that had the title on it already. If you're a patient person, receiving a larger percentage of the royalties will surely offset the delay in getting my book out to the distributors. Their LIVE CHAT feature is dependable and amazingly helpful. They’re always there 24/7. I think booktango is a great option for more experienced authors, or for authors that are able to refrain from making changes to their manuscripts and covers--at least until it lands on the bookshelves of all the distributors. 

Unfortunately, I have never been able to work that way. I’m never satisfied with my writing. I’m constantly fussing over the details until the last minute. My obsessive-compulsive editing doesn't mesh well with booktango’s methodology, but I think other authors would be perfectly happy with it.

I published to Smashwords and my book was up there almost immediately, but I'm already missing booktango's Live Chat feature. It takes at least ten days to get any sort of response from Smashwords and I really needed to talk to them. Meanwhile, my URGENT!!! e-mail awaits one of their ticket numbers.

In the end, no eBook publisher is perfect. Each author must weigh the pros and cons to decide what features are most important to him or her. Personally, I'm pleased to see other companies get in the game. Competition between them can only help indie authors.


Wakeland's War
(renamed: Red, the First)

For your convenience, read a sample right now.