Saturday, August 25, 2012

On Building My Own Website

All my writing pals tell me I need my own website. I believe them, but it's difficult to know where to begin. I had many false starts, but on the bright side, I know a lot more than I did starting out. I've learned about domain names and web hosts. I purchased my domain name from GoDaddy. I was told a good host for authors is HostGator. I checked them out, but I found the whole thing too complicated for my blood. This is in no way a reflection on HostGator. I'd probably have the same trouble with whatever company I went with. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous to myself and others.

I made an executive decision today. In the interest of keeping everything on the cheap, and relatively simple, I'm going with Blogger/Blogspot for the time being. In hindsight, I wouldn't have needed to purchase a domain name at all, saving me a few bucks. I looked at Wordpress after-the-fact, and I really liked what I saw, but I had already set up my account here. I might as well give Blogger/Blogspot a whirl. It's pretty simple, but I'm wondering if will support everything I want to do. Time will tell. It always does, eventually.  




For your convenience, read a sample right now.